Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Laker's 2009-2010 Rings




For the record let me state that I've been a Kobe Laker's fan since forever. When his rape scandel happened I was in Junior High and changed my e-mail to Kobedidntdoit09 (which is still active, thank you very much) so I'm not one of those ban wagon fans that loves them just because they're the best. Though I will admit I hardly ever watch a game HA! Anyways, they were awarded their rings which were designed personally by Jason Arasheben CEO of Jason of Beverly Hills. Both the ceremony and the rings were unique to anything the NBA has ever done before, during the ceremony each player was given a chance to hold the mic and introduce the next player; and well the rings are a whole different story. Jason had this to say about the rings:
"With this particular ring, we were really successful in revolutionizing championship ring history," Arasheben said. "We've done something different that really, you've never seen on any championship ring in history. Each ring actually -- which is something you've never seen -- we've actually used the leather from the Game 7 ball that's incorporated in the underside of each an every ring. So every ring owner kind of gets to relive a piece of basketball history."
Furthermore, each players face is carved into the side of their ring which I can admit it a tad bit much. To watch a clip from the ceremony watch the video below :]

No comments:

Post a Comment