Saturday, October 23, 2010

Kanye West's Runaway "Film" *Updated*


Yes, this is over half an hour long and I have no clue what it's about but I'm watching it now and will update the post after!

Wow, it was epically amazing!! It follows a Phoenix (Selita Ebanks) who accidentally falls to earth and Kanye tries to help assimilate to modern culture. Kanye told MTV this about the short film:
"I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world. It's maybe a parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person."
It truly is an artistic work and I'm impressed that Kanye could do such a good job directing. All of the music from the film are featured on his upcoming album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

1 comment:

  1. Absolute genius. No one has not done something like this since Micheal Jackson. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete